|The "mind the bloody curb, idiot" photo!|
And as a bonus, some pictures from the stroll I did before reading. Walking from home in the afternoon, I couldn't resist making a detour in the lovely weather we had today. Neither walk was done with over-the-top speed, but a backpack of eight kilos of books slows you down a bit, as does picture-taking.
Oh, and by the way! Milestone reached, I passed the 100 km mark of the spring shortly before arriving at my flat. Only 900 more to go before 30 June ...
- Name: Restless as [expletive] night-time march, Copenhagen, part 2 (RAFNTMC-II) (part 1)
- Route: Black Diamond - Nyhavn - Skuespilhuset - the waterfront across the Opera House - Kastellet - Østerport - Stockholmsgadekvarteret - Sortedam - Peblinge - Nørreport - Strøget - Kgs. Nytorv
- Participants: Hein
- Date: 23 FEB 2012
- Distance: 10.5 km
- Time: 1:28 hours (2053-2221)
- Average speed: 7.1 km/h; a lot of stops to shoot pictures drew down average speed
- Total training status: look here.
|Reading Room North. I love the oldschool style.|
|Memorial for sailors lost at sea, at the end of Nyhavn.|
|From the window exhibition of the shop seen below.|
|The Opera House of The Royal Theatre as seen from the opposite waterfront.|
I used to work as a tour guide in the Opera House for three years.
|Colonnade at Esplanaden, home of ...|
|... the business seat of A.P. Møller-Mærsk.|
|A.P. Møller is the largest container ship operator in the world.|
Good they haven't moved their business out of our expensive country.
|Across from A.P. Møller you have The Museum of Danish Resistance 1940-1945.|
In front of it the newest armoured vehicle in Afghanistan ...
|The Gefion Fountain, the largest monument in Copenhagen.|
Check this link for the legend behind Gefion.
|"Vore Faldne" (Our Fallen), a monument erected in memory of|
Danes fallen in allied and Danish forces service, 1940-1945. Outside Kastellet.
|Somewhere in inner Copenhagen. I'll buy a pint for the first one|
to name the place in the comments section below!
|The LEGO flagstore in Copenhagen. LEGO Royal Life Guards FTW!|