International Southside Junior College March 2012
|Starting point: my former place of work.|
Lovely young people, great colleagues,
awesome place to be.
The event took place south of Copenhagen, based around the town of Køge: "Vintertur ved Køge", as in "Winter Walk at Køge". Often at such weekend events, there is a short, guided evening walk, primarily minded at out-of-towners arriving Friday - then they have something to kill time with! Køge is not far from my home - about an hour with metro and train - but then we're back at the thing with eating some kilometres: I want that, ooh, I want it.
As it is, back in the school year of 2006-2007, I had the great joy of teaching social science at Greve Gymnasium (gymnasium: 10th to 12th grade/junior college/high school/A levels, whatever you want to call it). During the spring of '07, I twice walked home from the school, a route of about 25 kilometres. It seemed obvious that I should now walk south from Greve instead. Or at least in my warped, march fanatic mind, it was obvious ...
|And I'm there. The school used for the marchers'|
accommodation was a couple of hundred metres further
down the road.
- Name: International Southside Junior College March 2012
- Route: Greve Highschool to Køge Highschool via the south coast "Strandvejen"
- Participants: Hein
- Date: 02 MAR 2012
- Distance: 18.8 km
- Time: 2:31 hours (1542-1813)
- Average speed: 7.5 km/h; c. 7 kilos of weight in backpack
- Note: 17 minutes after having arrived at the school, we started on the 10 km evening walk; I ditched the backpack for that event, though, hehe.
- Total training status: look here.
|Lovely afternoon with almost clear skies.|
|The route: straight highway aaaaall the way. Some would call it boring; I call it good training :-)|
|A view to the ocean.|
|Sunset. Cockily, I walked in just two layers of T-shirt. Admittedly, it was pretty nippy at around the time this pic was shot ...|
|Just before the finish. Can it get any worse??? The local taxation office and an ugly graffiti for a murdering, "multi-ethnic" organized crime syndicate ...|
|Aftenvandring med kendte ansigter: Bettina, der til|
officielle marcher har gået, hvad der svarer til jorden rundt;
og Linda, som jeg gik MAKONI med i 2007,
og som jeg senest havde set ved Kjellerup Special.
- Navn: Ført aftenvandring, Vintertur ved Køge
- Rute: tja, rundt omkring i byen
- Deltagere: omkring en snes, Hein den eneste BB'er
- Dato: 02 MAR 2012
- Distance: 10,0 km
- Tid: 1:46 time (1830-2016)
- Gennemsnitsfart: 5,7 km/t
|Fra aftenvandringen. Vore guider viste vejen i refleksveste.|
|Hugos! Et kælderværtshus med et MEGET stort udvalg af øl.|
|Liv og glade dage. Flere af de nedenstående billeder har jeg ikke selv taget -|
|Gensynsglæde og -|
|- røverhistorier ad libitum. En herlig aften.|
Dag 0: Du er her
Dag 1: Vintertur ved Køge, dag 1
Dag 2: Vintertur ved Køge, dag 2 + 10 km Flagellation eXtreme March 2012